Caleb and I are a little bit into vinyl. Yes, vinyl records. Remember those? I know, I know… It’s pretty hipster of us, but you can’t deny a good thing just because it’s trendy. See, vinyl gives music more dimension than compressed music. It really does. If you don’t believe me, click here and see the science behind it for yourself. But anyway, on to the FUN stuff… MUSIC!! Here are my favorite albums to listen to on vinyl right now:
1. Ceremonials by Florence + the Machine– Ok, if you’re really into vinyl then you know that this isn’t necessarily an audiophile favorite. In other words, it’s not the record that you put on to show-off your music system. In my humble opinion, it’s still a really good album. If you already like Flo and you like vinyl, get it. I love “Only if For a Night” and “Seven Devils.” They both sound amazing.
2. The Lumineers by The Lumineers– This is another album that isn’t a show-off record but it’s still fun and I enjoy it a lot. Other than their big hit “Ho Hey,” I love their song “Flowers in Your Hair.” It’s a great album.
3. Grace by Jeff Buckley– Ok, now I’m getting into the audiophile stuff. This album is my husband’s favorite right now. Correction: The song “Hallelujah” is his favorite right now. If you’ve visited our house in the last month or so, he’s probably put it on for you. I’ll admit, it’s an experience. I’m not so sure about the rest of the album but that one song makes the purchase worth it.
4. Paupers Field by Dylan LeBlanc– This guy is an American Singer-Songwriter. I really love his song “Low.” This album is mellow and perfect for a lazy afternoon.
5. Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins– The title track on this album will haunt you. I love it. Oherwise, it’s a peppy album and sounds great on vinyl. Oh, and by the way, remember Troop Beverly Hills? That cute little red-headed girl is Jenny Lewis.